The Head coach has comprehensive responsibilities associated with the management of Chapman University’s Swim & Dive programs. Duties include coaching, teaching, recruiting, fundraising, and other duties as assigned in support of the Athletics Department. Duties include oversight of students, coaches, and safe daily operation of all aquatics facilities.
- Teach, coach, practice, and condition student-athletes (teach fundamentals of conditioning and game strategies).
- Recruit, motivate, and retain student-athletes.
- Develop a daily practice plan, develop and oversee a competitive NCAA intercollegiate schedule.
- Develop and manage an annual budget and oversee expenditures.
- Oversee the management, scheduling, and safe operation of all aquatics facilities. Train and supervise assistant coaches and student workers for assigned sports.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to interpret and apply all relevant rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with and insight into the issues confronting NCAA Intercollegiate Athletics in general and athletics at highly selective colleges in particular.
- Technical expertise with assigned sports.
- Coaching experience with assigned sports.
- Proven success in recruiting, motivating, and retaining student-athletes.