The head coach will be in charge of the Olivet Nazarene University’s men’s and women’s track and cross-country program. The head coach will be responsible for all aspects of the men’s and women’s T/F & CC program which includes recruiting, budgeting, scheduling, travel arrangements and the scheduling of practice and game facilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. A lifestyle in agreement with the ONU Statement of Mission, Faith, and Lifestyle Covenant.
2. Successful coaching experiences such as:
a. College head coaching experience
b. Successful collegiate assistant coaching experience
c. Recruiting, administrative and budgeting experience
3. Possess personal characteristics such as vision and excellent communication skills
4. Demonstrate an understanding and sympathy for education in the Wesleyan tradition and Nazarene school sponsorship.
5. Demonstrate an active relationship with Christ as expressed in faith and service, which is in accord with the mission of Olivet Nazarene University.
6. Be a model of Christian discipleship as confirmed through active engagement in a local church, involvement in campus worship, and through a vibrant, current testimony.
7. The head coach should possess a good knowledge of the sport including, but not limited to, knowledge of training and conditioning techniques and the ability to diagnose player deficiencies and prescribe corrective activities.
8. The head coach must be able to clearly communicate with players, parents, and supervisory personnel.
9. Strong leadership and organizational skills will be essential for this position.
Offices for the Men’s and Women’s Track & Field and Cross-Country staff are located in Perry Student Life and Recreation Center. Indoor practices and meets will take place in the Perry Center and outdoor practices and meets will be at Ward field.