The Head Coach for Track & Field/Cross Country participates as an active and positive member of the Department of Athletics and provides an environment which supports the holistic growth of the student-athlete.
- Responsible for preparation and coordination for all team and individual practice sessions as needed to maximize both team and individual athlete performance; ensure that an appropriate conditioning and strength program is designed and implemented during the designated NCAA season(s) and that a voluntary workout program is provided to all athletes for use outside designated season(s).
- Planning season schedules; coordinate the use of all athletics facilities needed for the program with both the Athletic Director and arrange for off-campus facilities to be used with the approval of the Athletic Director.
- Responsible for the total recruiting effort which meet the roster requirements of the sport while seeking high quality new student athletes in coordination with the Office of Admissions.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 2 year experience coaching Track & Field and Cross Country required, preferably at the collegiate level.
- Must comply with the Concordia University Texas’ Department of Athletics Procedures Handbook, NCAA and ASC Manuals and NCAA and ASC Coaches Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Must abide by all University policies.
- Responsible to maintain a professional image while representing the University at games, practices, away trips, conventions or meetings and in the local community.