The Head Coach has comprehensive responsibilities associated with the management of Chapman University’s Cross Country and Track & Field programs. Duties include coaching, teaching, recruiting, fundraising, and other duties as assigned in support of the Athletics Department. Duties include securing off-campus venues appropriate for practice as well as maintaining a good working relationship with the owners of said facilities. A flexible schedule and travel may be required. A successful candidate is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Chapman University, the SCIAC conference, and NCAA.
- Teach, coach, practice, and condition student-athletes (teach fundamentals of conditioning and game strategies).
- Recruit, motivate, and retain student athletics.
- Develop a daily practice plan, develop and oversee a competitive NCAA intercollegiate schedule.
- Develop and manage an annual budget and oversee expenditures.
- Train and supervise assistant coaches and student workers for assigned sports.
- Develop and implement fundraising and development activities associated with assigned sports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Head coaching experience in assigned sport(s) preferred.
- Ability to teach physical education courses.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Knowledge of Chapman University policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of NCAA Division III and SCIAC rules and regulations; experience working in an NCAA Division III environment.