The Head Coach has comprehensive responsibilities associated with the management of Chapman University’s Cross Country and Track & Field programs. Duties include coaching, teaching, recruiting, fundraising, and other duties as assigned in support of the Athletics Department. Duties include securing off-campus venues appropriate for practice as well as maintaining a good working relationship with the owners of said facilities. A flexible schedule and travel may be required.
- Recruit, motivate, and retain student athletics.
- Develop a daily practice plan, develop and oversee a competitive NCAA intercollegiate schedule.
- Develop and manage an annual budget and oversee expenditures.
- Train and supervise assistant coaches and student workers for assigned sports.
- Develop and implement fundraising and development activities associated with assigned sports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to interpret and apply all relevant rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with and insight into the issues confronting NCAA Intercollegiate Athletics in general and athletics at highly selective colleges in particular.
- Technical expertise with assigned sports
- Coaching experience with assigned sports.
- Proven success in recruiting, motivating, and retaining student-athletes.