This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by developing and maintaining a competitive intercollegiate men’s & women’s volleyball program within compliance of Marian University, the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC), and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Oversees all aspects of running a NACC Division III Men’s & Women’s Volleyball program.
- With the assistance of the Director of Athletics, define and achieve annual enrollment goals of the men’s & women’s volleyball program.
- Recruits academically qualified student-athletes for acceptance into Marian University within guidelines set by the University, NCAA, and NACC. This includes identifying, evaluation, developing relationships, and initiating application submission.
- Develops and implements a program which includes monitoring academic progress in addition to athletic performance.
- Plan and organize in-season practice sessions. In addition, responsible for all coaching decisions during competition.
- Assists head strength & conditioning coach with strength and conditioning programs and provide skill instruction during season for competitive performance per sport.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of our NACC conference, and University rules and regulations. Conducts program in compliance with NACC, and NCAA rules and regulations and Marian University athletic policies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred. Previous collegiate coaching and recruiting experience required. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Candidate must demonstrate knowledge of the NACC and the NCAA Division III philosophy, recruitment, rules and regulations.
- Must have willingness to work nights and weekends.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license is required. Must register as a University driver.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.