The Boys Middle School Outdoor Track & Field Head Coach must assume a major role in fostering cooperation and positive teamwork, exhibiting outstanding sportsmanship and fan involvement at games and special events and most importantly, assume a major role in the development of our youth as future leaders. This job requires you to interact thoughtfully and respectfully with student-athletes, fellow coaches, staff, parents and the community.
- Accountable for the entire program, and will oversee all aspects of the program, including, but not limited to, the safety and inventory of athletic equipment.
- Communicate with the Athletic Director concerning any incidents which come up in regards to student-athletes or parental concerns.
- Maintains and upholds the highest standards of student-athlete scholarship. Promoting academics before athletics by monitoring academic performance and enforcing eligibility.
- Maintains and upholds the highest standards of student-athlete sportsmanship and behavior in competition, in the classroom, and in the community.
- Set up and maintain an active sportsYou for internal team communication and communication with families.
- Maintain and update records for student-athlete registration and physicals/medical clearances in conjunction with Athletic Office and Nurses Office.
- Allow all student-athletes the opportunity to compete in the sport while promoting growth and sportsmanship.
The School Committee’s policy of nondiscrimination extends to students, employees, and the general public with whom it does business. Fitchburg Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability in admission to, access to, employment in, or equal treatment in its programs and/or activities in compliance with state and federal law.