The Head Coach will facilitate and enhance communication and collaboration between and among the Erie School District and parents, students, and community centers. The Head Coach will promote a positive school culture and foster academic excellence and exemplify good character for the individual athlete.
- Evidence of leading a successful middle school or high school swimming program.
- Ability to transition student athletes to the next competitive level (ability to articulate concrete examples and procedures regarding the transition of student athletes to the next competitive level).
- Must hold a Water Safety Instructor certificate and/or a Lifeguard Certificate from a PA Department of Health provider.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Determines meet strategy based on the capabilities of the team and individuals.
- Evidence of practice plans developed in prior coaching positions.
- Must hold or obtain FBI, Criminal Check, and Child Abuse Clearances.
- Working knowledge of Erie School District policies, procedures, and organizational structure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and organize pool schedule with building principal and Athletic Department.
- Create and share practice schedule and phone list for players and parents.
- Run practices 4-5 at days a week (meets are exception) & dedicate 1st hour of each practice to skills and player development.
- Maintain and review transportation schedule for away games.
- Instruct players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organize and direct individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the Head Varsity Swimming Coach.
- Assess skills of athletes, monitor athletes during competition and practice, and keep the Head Varsity Swimming Coach informed of the athletic performance of students.