The Head Coach of Athletic Performance for Football is responsible for, but not limited to, assisting in all areas of the intercollegiate Athletic Performance Department, such as developing and implementing sport specific-programs, teaching and establishing safe and efficient Olympic lifting techniques and diverse movement skills; test and evaluate athletic performance for their assigned Olympic Sport teams including football; assist with the development and maintenance of a databank for all assigned athletes; enforce the policies, procedures and regulations that oversee all activities in the Koret Athletic Training Center.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Perform basic equipment cleaning and overall facility maintenance.
- Responsible for assigned sports team twelve-month training schedule.
- Assist in building a nationally competitive Division I program.
- Collaborates with Head Coach, Athletic Trainers, and Strength & Conditioning Coaches to design both academic year (in season and out-of-season) and summer conditioning programs.
- Assist with budgeting, reconciling expenses, and proposing purchases for sports program.
- Must be committed to the academic goals of the university and follow the rules and guidelines set forth by the NCAA and the Mountain West Conference.
- Supervise athletic performance coach.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- CSCS and CPR certification required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Minimum of two years experience as a strength and conditioning coach at the collegiate level.
- Candidate must have experience teaching various Olympic movements and working with male and female athletes including football.
- Fluency with rehabilitation programs for athletes and the ability to work with the Sports Medicine Staff.
- Applicants must demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural population as might have been gained in cross-cultural study, training, teaching and other comparable experience.