The Head Baseball Coach is responsible for all aspects of planning, managing and developing a successful intercollegiate sports program in accordance with the standards and goals set by William Peace University. This position is responsible for overseeing both the varsity and sub-varsity teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Being knowledgeable of and adhere to all applicable NCAA and University regulations, policies, and procedures that relate to recruiting, daily program management, and operation of the individual sport.
- Recruiting high-quality student-athletes by personal contact, phone and written correspondence with player, coach and parents. Must evaluate ability of prospect in person or through videotape analysis
- Utilizing departmental and university software (Front Rush/Slate) to identify, track, and tag prospective student-athletes. Must arrange on-campus visits for prospective student-athletes with the Office of Admissions and ensure compliance with NCAA guidelines for contacting and communicating with prospects.
- Coordinating annually with the Deputy Director of Athletics roster goals which are in line with enrollment goals of the University. Submit Annual Plan for Program and Recruiting as assigned by the Deputy Director.
- Scheduling competitive games, practices, facility and vehicle use in conjunction with the Deputy Director of Athletics and other University staff.
- Master’s Degree preferred in Exercise and Sports Science, Physical Education, Sports Management or other related field.
- Collegiate coaching and/or playing experience.