Kentucky Wesleyan College, a private, liberal arts college with a long-standing reputation for quality and academic excellence, is seeking applications for a full-time, year-round Head Coach for men’s and women’s cross-country/track and field to lead and manage the cross-country and track and field programs. Kentucky Wesleyan College is an NCAA Division II institution and member of the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (G-MAC).
- Instructing and coaching student athletes in the sport as well as sport-related topics.
- Recruiting and retaining student participants.
- Scheduling, organizing, and conducting practices and competitions.
- Overseeing and supporting student-athletes’ academic progress.
- Administering the program’s budget.
- Participating in and assisting with fundraising activities.
- Maintaining compliance with NCAA, G-MAC, and Kentucky Wesleyan rules and regulations.
- At least three years of previous coaching experience. College-level coaching experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of skills, techniques, and strategies of the sport.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and enthusiastically with others.