Mercyhurst University, an NCAA Division II member of the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) invites applications for the position of Head Men’s & Women’s Golf Coach to develop, promote, and supervise all facets of the Men’s & Women’s Golf team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of men’s and women’s golf that has been acquired by significant experience coaching or playing in a post-secondary environment of commensurate experience.
- Ensure that all relevant Mercyhurst University, PSAC, and NCAA rules and regulations are followed. Including, but not limited to: student-athlete eligibility, recruiting, financial aid, scheduling and academic progress. Ensure compliance with Mercyhurst University, PSAC, and NCAA rules by student athletes and sport related staff.
- Promote academic excellence, integrity, and graduation. Monitor academic progress, academic meetings, class scheduling and attendance.
- Teach fundamental golf techniques, while preparing, leading, and executing practice and competition plans for both championship and non-championship seasons.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of relevant sport coaching, experience at the collegiate level or equivalent.
- Demonstrated successful coaching at the collegiate level or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.