The head coach of men's tennis is responsible for administering all aspects of the sport program including: coaching, recruiting, game scheduling, student development, budget management, compliance with NCAA D3, and conference rules/regulations and community building. The head coach will teach in the physical education curriculum. The head coach is also responsible for participating as a member of the college community and with all collaborative departmental functions as needed.
Essential Job Duties:
- Demonstrate excellent teaching and coaching competencies with regard to:(a) sport skill instruction (b) motivation (c) tactical strategies (d) physical training and fitness in practices and contests.
- Design and execute a competitive schedule for intercollegiate contests (including practice planning) that maximizes individual and collective student-athlete development and performance; prioritizing conference play within an academically rigorous educational experience. Create team results that are competitive within the SCIAC regular season on a consistent basis.
- Successful recruitment, matriculation, retention and graduation of student-athletes capable of attaining the baccalaureate degree in sufficient quantity to maintain a team roster appropriate for competitive success.
- Recruitment activities include but are not limited to: identification and evaluation of prospects, communication strategy, record keeping, hosting campus visits, and traveling to market the Institute when needed.
- Provide student-athletes with opportunities that allow for social, emotional, and academic development, in addition to athletic success through close interpersonal guidance, mentoring and counseling.
- Manage a cost-effective and administratively efficient sport program working at or within operational budget on an annual basis, includes purchasing, inventory and control of sports equipment and uniforms, management of team travel and effective national recruitment program.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Organized competitive coaching experience in an educational setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, judgement and integrity.
- Strong computing skills including database manipulation, email and calendar savvy, technological teaching tools, video analysis and manipulation.
- Passion and ability for personal growth and learning.
- Ability to safely lift, carry, and move at least 50lbs. of equipment.
- Valid Driver's License and the ability to maintain it throughout the course of employment.