The Head Coach of Softball position requires all functions normally associated with an intercollegiate athletic program and will be bound by the university and the athletic department mission statements.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Coaching and management of all practice sessions, games, and program associated events.
- Have a sound knowledge and adherence of NAIA and Sooner Athletic Conference eligibility and compliance rules and regulations.
- Understand and support the mission, policies, and regulations of Wayland Baptist University.
- Understand and embrace the unique challenge or starting and athletic program.
- Schedule competitions and related events.
- Understand and excel in the coaching techniques and strategies for collegiate softball.
- Monitor team’s academic performance and create internal support for academic success.
- Budget management, organization, and oversight.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A commitment to a Christian lifestyle and coaching from a Christian perspective is essential.
- Applicants should have proven integrity, leadership skills, and the ability to motivate students to be successful academically and athletically.
- Applicants should possess good interpersonal skills, be able to communicate effectively with all members of the campus community and demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse population.