The Head Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach, and Women's and Men's Cross Country Coach is responsible for the overall of management of the women's track and field programs and the women's and men's cross country program. This position also includes oversight of the Student Athlete Advisory Committee and administrative duties as assigned. Nights and weekends are required.
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct, organize and administer all aspects of the women's outdoor track and field program and the women's and men's cross country programs.
- Organize and administer practice and game strategies, schedule games, and assist with travel arrangements for the women's outdoor track and field program and the women's and men's cross country program.
- Actively recruit qualified student-athletes. Attend contests; meet with perspective student-athletes on and off-campus; and maintain contacts with high school coaches.
- Assist with the equipment distribution and collection in all areas of responsibility.
- Recommend equipment and supply purchases for areas of responsibility.
- Coverage of the Athletic Center two nights a week during academic year.
- Direct, organize and administer all aspects of the Student Athlete Advisory Committee.
- Recruit FSU student athletes to participate on the Student Athlete Advisory Committee at both the institutional and conference level.
- Bachelors' degree in physical education, education, recreation, human performance, sports administration or similar discipline required. Masters' degree preferred.
- One to three years of experience in the field of athletics.
- Three to five years coaching college track and field/cross country experience required.