Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching, analyzing performance, and coaching game techniques and strategies of lacrosse in preparation for and during athletic competitions.
- Establish strong relationships with a diverse group of student-athletes and maintain effective lines of communication.
- Monitor academic progress of lacrosse student-athletes. Understand academic needs, communicate with faculty liaisons, identify any issues that may occur, and provide direction and guidance when necessary.
- Develop student-athletes of character who are committed to fostering a campus environment of respect and inclusion.
- Schedules and conducts regular practice sessions daily or several times weekly during season. Maintains detailed statistics and records, evaluation reports, etc. for each student-athlete. Determines and implements strategy to obtain maximum team level and individual performance.
- Determines competitive event schedule, coordinating with teams both inside and out of the Conference.
A valid US driver’s license and successful credentialing are required in order to operate College vehicles.
Strong recruiting skills.
Outstanding organizational, communication, writing, interpersonal, and analytical skills and the capacity to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate, and advance strategic planning.
Ability to work independently and to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
Demonstrated commitment to supporting the development of student-athletes from varied backgrounds.
Ability to work intentionally with a diverse team to establish and maintain an inclusive, supportive, cohesive team atmosphere.