The Head Coach of Women's Soccer is responsible for administering all aspects of the sport program including: coaching, recruiting, game scheduling, student development, budget management, compliance with NCAA D3, and conference rules/regulations and community building. The head coach will teach in the physical education curriculum.
Essential Job Duties:
- Demonstrate excellent teaching and coaching competencies with regard to:(a) sport skill instruction (b) motivation (c) tactical strategies (d) physical training and fitness in practices and contests.
- Design and execute a competitive schedule for intercollegiate contests (including practice planning) that maximizes individual and collective student-athlete development and performance; prioritizing conference play within an academically rigorous educational experience. Create team results that are competitive within the SCIAC regular season on a consistent basis.
- Successful recruitment, matriculation, retention and graduation of student-athletes capable of attaining the baccalaureate degree in sufficient quantity to maintain a team roster appropriate for competitive success. Recruitment activities include but are not limited to: identification and evaluation of prospects, communication strategy, record keeping, hosting campus visits, and traveling to market the Institute when needed.
- Provide student-athletes with opportunities that allow for social, emotional, and academic development, in addition to athletic success through close interpersonal guidance, mentoring and counseling.
- Supervise a part time assistant coach and volunteer coaches.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Valid Driver's License and the ability to maintain it throughout the course of employment.
- Organized coaching experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, judgement and integrity.
- Strong computing skills including database manipulation, email and calendar savvy, technological teaching tools, video analysis and manipulation.
- Ability to teach through use of physical instruction as well as images and emerging technologies.
- Passion and ability for personal growth and learning.