The Head Coach of Women’s Tennis is responsible for all aspects of coaching, recruiting and administering the women’s tennis program along with being a relentless supporter of Oberlin College and its athletics department. The incumbent will also have a secondary administrative position and teaching responsibilities within the physical education curriculum and/or wellness programming.
- Bachelor’s degree required, a master’s degree preferred.
- Five years coaching experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Desire to work within a high academic environment with an appreciation and empathy with the role of intercollegiate athletics and its relationship to the College and the capacity to articulate that connection.
- Demonstrated recruiting and retention success at a high academic institution.
- Solid administrative skills with the ability to communicate and motivate staff to achieve administrative goals.
- Willingness to interact comfortably with individuals and constituency groups that are crucial to the advancement of the women’s tennis program along with the department and greater institution.