The Oberlin College Department of Athletics and Physical Education invites applications for the position of Head Coach for Women’s Volleyball. This is a full-time, 12-month Administrative & Professional Staff position, reporting to the Associate Vice President for Athletics Advancement and Delta Lodge Director of Athletics & Physical Education.
- Bachelor’s degree required, a master’s degree preferred.
- Five years coaching experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Desire to work within a high academic environment with an appreciation and empathy with the role of intercollegiate athletics and its relationship to the College and the capacity to articulate that connection.
- Demonstrated recruiting and retention success at a high academic institution.
- Solid administrative skills with the ability to communicate and motivate staff to achieve administrative goals.
- Willingness to interact comfortably with individuals and constituency groups that are crucial to the advancement of the women’s volleyball program along with the department and greater institution.
- Competitive – Driven to educate and coach with the will to earn sustainable success.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for actions.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Diversity Oriented – Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.