Muskingum University invites applications for a Head Men's Soccer Coach. The successful applicant will develop and maintain a comprehensive men’s soccer program within the philosophy of Muskingum University, the NCAA Division III structure, and the Ohio Athletic Conference guidelines. In addition to competitiveness, the coach will emphasize holistic student well-being and be a relentless supporter of Muskingum University and its athletics department.
- Must work effectively with the students, faculty, staff, alumni, and administration of Muskingum University.
- Develop and lead all aspects of the men’s soccer program.
- Recruit prospective students who can succeed academically, athletically, and socially through their own initiative or with the support of available University resources.
- Utilize available resources to maximize student persistence and retention.
- Develop and implement a coaching strategy that promotes athletic growth and competitiveness.
- Coordinate all administrative functions of the program in compliance with University protocols, including equipment maintenance, travel arrangements, and scheduling facilities.
- In collaboration with the Sports Information Director, implement a modern and responsive social media presence.
- Administer the program within its assigned operating budget.
NOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred.
- Prior coaching experience; preferably at the college level and with an understanding of Division III.
- Competent knowledge of and playing experience in soccer.
- Proven ability to develop and implement adaptive recruiting and coaching strategies.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiarity with or ability to learn relevant technology, including Microsoft 365 products and industry-specific programs or software.