The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking to hire a skilled and versatile Head Softball Coach who will be responsible for leading a successful women's softball program at Georgia State University. The Head Coach is responsible to the Director of Athletics for developing, organizing, supervising, recruiting and managing the women's softball program. This position is responsible for the successful identification, evaluation, and recruitment of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes meeting all objectives of the sport within the University, Athletic Department, NCAA, and Sun Belt rules and regulations.
- Develop practice plans and competition schedules.
- Organize and direct student-athletes at competitions and practice sessions.
- Coordination of team travel.
- Maintain a working knowledge of NCAA rules.
- Coordinate with the Director of Athletics on the hiring of assistant coaches and other support staff for the program.
- Budget management, determine budget requirement and manage all financial aspects of operations, recruitment and scholarship budget.
- Counsel and monitor team member in academic, disciplinary, and personal matters.
The preferred candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Highly knowledgeable of NCAA & university rules, compliance, polices, and regulations.
Experience coaching softball at the collegiate level.
Excellent interpersonal skills communication skills.
Strong organization skills and able to multi-task, a self-starter.