The Head Softball Coach is responsible for managing all aspects of the Idaho State University NCAA Division I Intercollegiate Softball Team, a member of the Big Sky Conference.
Example of Duties:
1. Oversee and direct all aspects of the women’s softball program during pre-season, in-season, and off-season periods.
2. Manage and be accountable for the prescribed annual softball program budget. Work with the Department of Athletics Business Officer to prepare and forecast budget, allocate resources effectively, and operate the program within the prescribed budget.
3. Coordinate with External Relations and Marketing to help grow softball attendance.
4. Participate with Associate AD for Development and Director of Athletics to steward program support. Participate in the cultivation and solicitation of charitable gifts.
5. Hire, supervise, develop and evaluate assistant coaches.
6. Recruit, retain, and graduate successful student-athletes for Idaho State University and the women’s softball program. Develop, direct and supervise a comprehensive recruiting program with the goal of sustainable high academic and athletic performance, retention and graduation of the majority of all softball student athletes.
7. Provide and direct instruction and coaching across the program with the goal of player development and maximum performance. Direct strategic decisions and training.
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We have an institution-wide commitment to inclusion and diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Veterans' preference.