Provide leadership to develop and maintain a high quality softball program that is consistent with the mission statement of the Gladstone athletic department.
- Prior successful head coaching experience desirable.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and moral character.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to work positively with parents, staff and students.
- Follows District and OSAA policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to organize large groups and to lead fundraising efforts.
- Must be able to attain valid first-aid card, CPR card and ASEP/NFHS certification.
- Must have current steroid and concussion training certificate on file and Heat Acclimatization training.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Organize and direct the support staff in areas that carry out the philosophy and expectations of the program.
- Promote and demonstrate positive sportsmanship to team members, colleagues, opponents, officials and spectators.
- Teach the fundamentals of the sport in a manner that provides opportunities for all athletes to learn and improve.
- Support the importance of the role academics plays in the life of the student-athlete.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional conduct at practices and during competitions.
- Communication Skills
- Share your philosophy and expectations clearly with your players, other coaches, parents and the community.
- Report scores to the appropriate newspapers and the athletic secretary in a timely manner.