Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Head Coach position is responsible for planning and administering all aspects of their assigned sports program. The position is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the program, the maintenance of a genuine student-athlete concept, and the personal development of student-athletes on both on and off the field.
- Coordinates the development and promotion of the Softball program.
- Organizes and schedules practice sessions to teach sports techniques, game rules, strategies and game tactics.
- Develops and manages a recruiting plan with a strong emphasis on local recruiting. Corresponds with high school coaches, contacts prospective student-athletes, evaluates talent and meets with prospective students. Maintains statistics on contacts and evaluations.
- Develops strategies to motivate maximum individual and team athletic performance.
- Creates a learning community within the department that fosters student success.
- Creates an environment that values diversity and inclusion.
- Serves as an Academic Success Coach in all matters for student-athletes.
- Assists with the retention of First Time in College students.
- Ability to work independently on broader assignments with future planning responsibilities.
- Ability to work cooperatively with college personnel.
- Instructional experience in a public education setting.
- Knowledge of the Florida education system preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of athletic program management.
- Ability to organize and communicate orally and in writing with students, fellow workers and others outside of the college.
- Ability to manage and work with a variety of diverse groups.
- Knowledge of applicable sport game rules.