Purdue University is seeking a Head Softball Coach. As the Head Coach, you will direct all aspects of the Team program and manage a well-organized and effective program that meets established short and long term athletic, academic, personnel and fiscal objectives
- Establish the direction, training and motivation to assistant coaches and student-athletes for efficient and effective practices and competition.
- Establish the program standard for adherence to sport performance principles, game strategies, and safety rules and regulations.
- With input from assistant coaches, evaluate performance of student-athletes in all practice sessions and competitive games, and analyze data/statistics for achievement of athletics objectives.
- Integrate staff scouting reports into game preparation and strategies.
- With input from assistant coaches, direct all aspects of the process of recruiting highly selective academic and athletic student-athletes.
- Determine whether or not to extend official campus visits and/or athletic grant-in-aid support.
- Provide final assessment of student-athletes academic, athletic sport-specific abilities
- Manage all budgetary aspects of a “head-count” sport.
- With input from support staff, manage all aspects of the student-athletes overall physical preparation and health status.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 8 years coaching experience at the collegiate level (Playing experience at the collegiate level or above may be substituted for coaching experience).
- Knowledge of sport-specific fundamentals, techniques, and safety rules and regulations
- Ability to analyze, interpret, communicate and adhere to University, Big Ten Conference, and NCAA policies, procedures.
- Excellent communication (oral and written, interpersonal, presentation and facilitation), planning, organizational, interviewing, strength training and counseling skills.
- Ability to recruit under highly selective academic and athletic standards on a national level, instruct and motivate student-athletes on sport fundamentals, techniques and safety rules and regulations, provide academic mentoring, and serve as a positive role model.