This position serves as the leader of the women’s softball team and embraces the vision of principled leadership, academic integration, and competitive excellence. The Head Coach leads by developing a vision, setting team goals, and building a healthy and transformative culture.
- Implement and direct plans and strategies during practices and competition by teaching and coaching student-athletes. Develop student-athlete knowledge and skills of the sport and help the team perform at optimal competitive levels.
- Promotes culture of education through athletics. Ensures student-athletes receive meaningful direction and support from coaches by fostering spirit of continuous improvement and learning. Supports academic primacy by balancing athletic commitment within a richly rigorous academic environment. Develops and oversees plan for student-athlete recruitment and retention that aligns with values of excellence and inclusion; responsible for strategy’s impact on team performance and reputation.
- Credibly and effectively leads and communicates with student-athletes. Mentors student-athletes in embracing leadership roles. Uses athletics to educate students about character development and accountability.
- Supports academic integration of student-athletes with the values of Harvard College.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree.
- Requires at least 7 years of softball coaching experience.
Additional Qualifications and Skills:
- Requires advanced management and leadership knowledge.
- Requires complete mastery of sport-specific knowledge and relevant issues.
- Understands, embraces, and demonstrates the philosophy, principles, and policies of college athletics.
- Basic proficiency in Excel, Word, e-mail, and web-based applications.