The Head Coach is responsible for directing the Softball program that, as a demonstration of quality and success, places consistently in the upper echelon of the Northeast 10 Conference and qualifies for conference championship play. The Head Coach maintains an exemplary student-athlete academic success rate and fosters positive personal development of student-athletes.
- Develop and execute a strategy for building a regionally and nationally competitive team.
- Design a competitive schedule that maximizes student-athlete development and performance.
- Work closely with Enrollment Management to develop and implement a strategy to recruit talented high school and transfer student-athletes consistent with NCAA and conference rules.
- Maintain a full roster by reaching annual recruiting expectations within the financial aid budget and by limiting attrition.
- Establish and maintain ethical standards of behavior for all student-athletes.
- Monitor and support the academic progress of student-athletes in the program.
- Work with Strength and Conditioning Coach on the design and implementation of a training program that advances individual and team performance skills to support the success of the Softball program.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate assistant coaches that provide support with all program objectives.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Collegiate coaching experience or high level playing experience coupled with a demonstrated ability to coach college level student-athletes.
- Demonstrated success in coaching a regionally or nationally competitive team is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA compliance and recruiting policies.
- Proven success in recruiting student-athletes.
- Proven success in fan, friend and fundraising activities.
- Demonstrated commitment to high academic standards for student-athletes and their ability to succeed both academically and athletically.