Coaches are instrumental in fostering student personal growth and development in all interactions with student-athletes, not limited to competitions and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work cooperatively with the entire athletic staff.
- Maintain good public relations with media, board members, parents, officials, players, and fans.
- Demonstrate professional growth.
- Provide game results to Athletic Department and Max Preps.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and Godly characteristics.
- Accept responsibilities outside the team as they relate to the school and community (i.e. Fresh Start Day, Open House).
- Assume responsibility for care of materials, equipment and facilities.
- Assume responsibility for reporting necessary facility issues or repairs to Athletic Department.
- Perform seasonal inventory of all equipment and uniforms.
- Be responsible for game day set-up and clean-up of the facilities.
- Work with Athletic Department to locate and secure necessary off-campus facilities (golf, tennis, softball, baseball, cross country/track).
- Minimum Education requirements are dependent upon the level of coaching required.
- Minimum of one year coaching desired.
- Experience coaching at the high school level or higher desired.
- Experience coaching in a Christian school or faith-based organization and/or non-profit organization desired.