Roxbury Community College Athletics Department invites applications for the part time position of Softball Coach. Apply today for this tremendous opportunity to be the first Head Coach to lead and build our Softball Program. This will be our very first softball team in program history. RCC is a member of NJCAA Region 21 Athletic Conference.
- Fulfill all tasks attendant to the overall management of the softball team and do so in a manner that is consistent with the educational mission of Roxbury Community College and embodies the educational philosophies of the Department of Athletics and the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA).
- Promote the positive development and growth of student-athletes: academically, athletically and personally; and monitor academic progress of student-athletes to insure eligibility and progress towards a degree.
- Recruit and retain student athletes for the softball team in accordance with Roxbury Community College and National Junior Collegiate Athletic Association (NJCAA) Guidelines.
- Understand and adhere to all Roxbury Community College, NJCAA and Region 21 Athletic Conference bylaws, rules, policies and protocols.
- Coordinate all practice and training sessions for the softball team and prepare the team for competition.
- Experience in coaching, playing at a higher education institution or high school level required.
- Bachelor's Degree, master's degree Preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of Institutional, NJCAA and/ or NCAA policies and procedures, Roxbury Community College rules and conference rules are required.
- Knowledge of recruiting in Massachusetts and ability to judge high school players for talent to play on the Softball team of the College are required.
- Ability to instruct Baseball related skills.
- Ability to exhibit good judgement.
- Support the Division's Collaborative Mission.