The head sprint football coach is responsible for the organization, development, and leadership of this athletic program in support of the mission and core values of the Athletic Department and University. The successful candidate will work with the Department of Athletics to provide student-athletes a rewarding athletic and educational experience.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Three to five years of successful head coaching experience or relevant work experience required.
- Experience recruiting at the collegiate level.
- Professional or volunteer experience working with individuals of a diverse background.
Specific duties include:
- Manage all aspects of the sprint football program, including practices, coaching staff, video analysis, equipment, facilities, travel, scheduling, and competitions.
- Identify, evaluate and manage ongoing annual recruitment of prospective student-athletes for a successful enrollment at the University.
- Observe and evaluate the training of student-athletes to determine the need for individual improvement.
- Other interactions include but are not limited to individual meetings with students for off-the-field goals, check-ins with players and university resources about academic performance, resources needed, connections, and references to help with life skills and career development like job shadowing and internships, etc.
As part of Bellarmine's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, we will seek to ensure that all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, job assignment, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, layoff and termination processes remain free of discrimination based upon race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.