The Head Coach, Strength & Conditioning provides expertise, guidance, and training in the area of strength training and physical conditioning for all intercollegiate athletes. The, Strength & Conditioning Coach will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operations and programs in the stadium fitness center and supervising assistant strength and conditioning personnel.
- Schedule strength and conditioning workouts in cooperation with the head coach of each specific sport and maintain records on each athlete.
- Provide athletes with guidance and proper training techniques in the strength and conditioning programs.
- Develop in-season and out-of-season strength and conditioning programs for athletes
- As per NCAA rules, monitor voluntary individual workouts by athletes for safety purposes
- Manage equipment inventory within the stadium fitness center.
- Maintain a weekly, monthly, and annual inspection of the strength and conditioning facility and equipment using a formal checklist and coordinate action where needed
- Determine budget needs for the operation of the fitness center, maintain fiscal accountability including developing, and managing a budget.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) within the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) preferred.
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certification required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and computer use.
- Valid driver license with good driving record required; must be insurable.
- Knowledge and skills in the functional rehabilitation of injuries incurred from participation in competitive athletics.
- Knowledge and ability to manage budgets and inventory.