The Emory & Henry College Head Coach, Swimming is responsible for all aspects of instruction along with the development and management of a comprehensive NCAA Division II Swim program. The swim program is a component of the college experience that enhances and supports the student-athletes’ overall educational experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct all phases of Emory & Henry’s Division II Swim program.
- Responsible for complying with all policies and procedures as set forth by Emory & Henry College, the South Atlantic Conference, and the NCAA.
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating, and recruiting potential student-athletes.
- Initiates the process for recommending athletic financial aid, the National Letter of Intent, and the non-renewal/renewal scholarship recommendations.
- Responsible for areas of the sport's budget, including equipment purchases, travel costs, recruiting expenses, meal allocations, and game-day expenses.
- Schedules and conducts regular practice sessions as the NCAA and College guidelines allow.
- Utilizes sound teaching techniques in the preparation of competitions and practices.
- Coordinates all scheduling with the Assistant Director of Athletics for Student-Athlete Success and the Assistant Director of Athletics for Compliance.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Must be willing to contribute to and support the mission of Emory & Henry College.
- Strong communication and public relations, management, and leadership skills.
- Shall maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use.
- Experience working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
- Must have a current driver's license and meet the qualifications of an Emory & Henry College Driver.