Towson University is seeking a Head Coach of Swimming & Diving to manage all aspects of the NCAA Division I Men's & Women's Swimming and Diving program, including recruiting, coaching, planning practices and competition, scheduling, managing program budgets, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organizing, conducting, and supervising all aspects of the intercollegiate men's and women's swimming and diving programs to include: skill instruction, practices, student-athlete strength & conditioning, competition scheduling, competition preparation and competition day coaching, and participation within designated conference and NCAA meetings.
- Providing appropriate leadership, direction, and supervision relevant to the academic progress of student-athletes within the men's and women's swimming & diving programs
- Adhering to all university, conference, and NCAA rules and requirements relevant to the overall conduct of the intercollegiate men's and women's swimming & diving programs.
- Preparing designated information relevant to budgets, equipment needs, travel advances/reconciliations, prospective student-athlete recruitment records, and other program areas; working with development staff to establish relationships with alumni and other friends of the program and to identify potential donors to the program.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three years of swimming and diving coaching experience.
- Proven ability to train and recruit at the Division I collegiate level.
- Ability to accept and carry out assigned program and responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni and the community.
- Ability to pass the NCAA recruiting test and have a thorough understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.