- Bachelor Degree Preferred.
- Teacher Certification Preferred.
- (If not certified, must take and pass MIAA Coaches Education Course).
- Coaching individual participants in the skills necessary for superior achievement in tennis.
- Planning and scheduling a regular program of practice in season.
- Recommending purchase of equipment and supplies and return of such equipment.
- Establishing that all members are familiar with rules and regulations regarding athletes as stated in the LHS Student Handbook and MIAA Rulebook.
- Overseeing the safety conditions of the facility whenever students are present.
- Establishing performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competitive tennis.
- Enforcing disciplined and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and establishing and overseeing penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Requesting permission of the Headmaster, Administrator of Interscholastic/Intramural Athletics to participate in all functions related to tennis i.e. postseason competition, fundraisers, etc.