Under the general direction of the Director of Athletics, the head tennis coach will recruit qualified student-athletes for the tennis programs, instruct and develop the student-athletes in the sport of tennis, prepare for matches and assist in community involvement.
- Model and instruct student-athletes in departmental, College, Conference, and NCAA policies and procedures including Hood Honor Code, Alcohol Policy, Code of Conduct, Travel Policy, Conference bylaws and proceedings and NCAA guidelines;
- Organize and conduct practices during the traditional season (as defined by the National Collegiate Athletic Association) for the Non-traditional (or out-of-season) season practices may be required with the assistance of GAs and assistant coaches;
- Develop team travel and security plans in compliance with departmental and College guidelines for safety and other requirements;
- Serve as the representative of the department and the College during team travel for in and out-of-season competition. Supervise team during all travel, lead team during the event;
- Manage and account for Submit required forms and reports to Director of Athletics and Accounting Department;
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies for team.
- Bachelor's Degree and proven successful coaching, with 2-3 years' experience preferred, preferably at the collegiate level or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience are required.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division Ill rules and regulations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.