Under the direction of the Director, assists in the operation of the program, including service to players, recruitment, and retention of student-athletes. Will serve as the main point of contact for the Track & Field program and oversee all Track 7 Field event participants. Coach will assist the program within the guidelines established by the Director of Athletics, the Director of Track & Field/Cross Country Program and in accordance with the goals of the University of Saint Francis.
- Recruits in accordance with NAIA, conference, and university guidelines, and maintains a roster as designated by the Director of Athletics and Chief of Admissions.
- Conducts practices to teach and train the student athletes on the rules and fundamentals of the sport.
- Participates and contributes to the overall fundraising and public relations efforts of the university and Department Athletics.
- Projects a positive image of the university and the Department to the campus community, current and prospective student-athletes, and the external community through the actions and attitudes of coach and others in the program.
- Acts in the best interests of student athletes, including:
- monitors academic progress toward a degree, and ensures eligibility compliance with NAIA academic regulations.
- ensures that student-athletes have physical examinations and insurance forms on file prior to participation in practice or games.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Collegiate experience either as a player or assistant coach.