Muskegon Community College, an associate degree-granting institution of higher education, is a center for lifelong learning which provides persons the opportunity to attain their educational goals by offering programs that respond to individual, community, and global needs.
- High School Diploma Required, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Coaching experience required.
- Ability to recruit talented student athletes.
- College level teaching and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to people of all ages, races, and social-economic backgrounds.
- Possess a strong knowledge & love of the sport.
- Knowledge of sport training and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to project a positive and professional image in pressure situations.
- Demonstrated character & values to represent MCC by leading, motivating, and mentoring Student Athletes.
- Teach collegiate level skills and knowledge to the student-athletes, both verbally in English & by physical demonstration or participating in drills/sport.
- Appropriately manage & reconcile expenses within allotted team budget.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to all assistant coaches. Recruit academically and athletically gifted student athletes.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be approved through a background check to drive college vehicles.
- Be loyal and supportive of all sports of the Muskegon Community College Intercollegiate Program.
- Provide moral support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of the student-athletes.
- Motivate students, and team while demonstrating problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of MCC.
Muskegon Community College continues to promote staff diversity, and is an equal opportunity employer. MCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, political persuasion, disability, height, weight, veteran status, age or any other protected class in any of its educational programs, activities or employment.