The head coach is responsible for all aspects of the men’s and women’s track and field and cross country programs, including, but not limited to: recruitment of qualified student athletes, practice planning and organization, monitoring academic progress of student-athletes, spiritual development and formation of student-athletes, fundraising, budgeting, scheduling, supervising assistant coaches, administrative duties and compliance with all Simpson and NAIA rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in sports management, physical education, athletic coaching, recreation or another related field required; Master's degree preferred.
- Five years successful coaching and recruiting experience at collegiate level, with proven record.
- Ability to serve as a strong Christian role model/mentor for student athletes and actively contribute in the spiritual development of athletes.
- Strong ability to attract, recruit, and develop student-athletes.
- Ability to maintain a strong Christ centered culture for student-athletes within their team activities.
- Ability to demonstrate skills on field for practice.
- Understanding of how to develop a competitive sports program with knowledge of NAIA rules and regulations.
- Monitoring and nurturing student-athletes’ academic and personal progress.
- Successfully manage the daily operations of the cross country and track programs: assisting with budget preparation and management, scheduling, travel arrangements, and meet day organization while maintaining compliance with NAIA, Cal Pac and Simpson University rules and regulations.
- Foster a cooperative work environment and providing mutual support with all constituencies and colleagues.
- Represent the program and Simpson University with sportsmanship, integrity and professionalism.
- Develop team activities that promote a Christian athlete’s lifestyle and assist in mentoring all team members to become active in campus activities that assist in Christian character development.
- Assist the Athletic Director to promote a mission team trip every other year.