Head Coaches oversee all aspects of a sports program and assume primary responsibility for all activities of a team. They are responsible for the same duties as Assistant Coaches, however, they operate with additional authority, independence, or level of complexity. Head Coaches ensure the sports program strategy and objectives are in alignment with the mission and goals of the Department of Athletics and University.
- Construct a strategic recruiting plan that targets student athletes who are academically eligible and athletically competitive.
- Hire, train, and supervise a small or large staff team.
- Define team and player goals and implement plans to achieve them.
- Monitor expenses, analyze cost projections and trends, identify resource allocation, and maintain a balanced and accurate budget.
- Maintain detailed and current knowledge on all NCAA, SAC, College, and University rules and regulations related to the sports program, ensuring all those associated with the program remain compliant.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Some experience in coaching this particular sport program at the collegiate and/or professional level.
- Work is performed in the process of coaching student-athletes within a sports program.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff.