Person in this position is responsible for the leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student athletes on the Track and Field Team of Heidelberg University.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs and coordinates the activities of staff to include the planning, organizing and coaching of the team members.
- Ensures compliance with policies and regulations of the NCAA, Ohio Athletic Conference and Heidelberg University.Directs staff in the preparation of analyses of opponent teams;
- Counsels team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters; consults with University administration and faculty for resolution of issues as required.
- Works closely with students and other staff to develop strong culture and expectations within program focusing on retention of team members.
- Serves as the recruiting coordinator for both the Cross Country and Track and Field Programs.
- Works closely with the Admissions Counselors to ensure collaboration in the recruitment of student athletes. Assign geographical areas to and supervise staff in the recruitment of student athletes.
- Determine fiscal requirements and prepare budgetary recommendations; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditures of budgeted funds.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years head coaching experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.