The head track and field coach will be responsible for all aspects of planning, developing, and coaching the men's and women's track and field program within the rules of NCAA Division II rules and regulations. The head coach will be responsible for the recruitment and development of student-athletes while also supporting a culture that offers a positive NCAA Division II student-athlete experience.
- Recruit academically and athletically qualified student-athletes.
- Plan and implement instructional practices that maximize the talent and potential of student-athletes, while instilling values such as, sportsmanship, leadership, and personal wellness.
- Demonstrate the ability to relate to, and motivate, student-athletes and to work with a variety of university staff, alumni, and the outside community.
- Commitment to compliance and knowledge of NCAA rules.
- Promote the mission of the Athletic Department and Rockhurst University.
- Must have excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 2+ years coaching experience.
Rockhurst University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.