Essential Job Goal:
- Responsibilities include the recruitment, development, academic monitoring and retention of student athletes.
- Budget management, fundraising.
- Arranges all scheduling and travel related tasks.
- Manages and directs practice schedules, team supervision during competition, as well as travel, tournaments and other program events.
- Assists the Athletic Administration in marketing and promotion of the track and field/cross country programs.
- Promotes positive public relations for the track and field/cross country programs.
- Monitors student-athletes’ academic progress toward graduation at the college and assist with placement at four-year institutions.
- Oversight of the maintenance and inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Participates in campus committees as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- One (1) year recruiting student-athletes at the Collegiate level.
- Experience coaching track & field or cross country at the Collegiate level.
- CPR/First Aid certification required or ability to obtain within the first 3 months of employment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience providing leadership for both players and coaches.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of general admissions processes and procedures practiced by post-secondary education institutions
- Strong commitment to high ethical standards and integrity.
- Must possess a current driver’s license valid in the State of Iowa and a driving record insurable by the College’s insurer. Must be able to obtain a commercial driver’s license if needed.
Hawkeye Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to equity and diversity in its educational services and employment practices: hawkeyecollege.edu/about/diversity-inclusion/equal-opportunity.