To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence.
- Valid Nebraska teacher certification or Coaching Certificate.
- Preferred employment as a teacher in School District.
- Has the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Has previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport.
- The head coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and at the same time must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student athletes.
- Coordinate the development and promotion of their program.
- Coordinate with youth development programs in the community and provide guidance.
- Offer instructional camps during the off season to both high school and lower level athletes.
- Hold organizational meetings for team prospects and encourage potential athletes to participate in their sport.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student athletes.
- Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students’ athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.
- Develop a regular practice schedule and organize practice time to provide both individual and team development.