To provide students an opportunity to participate in a competitive setting that will foster physical skills, teamwork, a sense of worth and competence, a knowledge and understanding of the pleasures associated with the specific sport and the principles of fair play. Competitive athletic programs will also foster school spirit in a positive manner.
- Teaching certificate preferred.
- CPR training preferred.
- Previous soccer high school/college playing/coaching experience preferred.
- Experience with successful winning program/post season coaching experience preferred.
- Ability and evidence of being able to transition student athletes to the next competitive level.
- Experience in the design of offensive and defensive strategy and working as an assistant, to the Head Varsity Soccer Coach administratively.
- Experience/expertise in coaching all aspects both offensively and defensively.
- Instruct players in the fundamentals, the rules of the game, proper training techniques and safety procedures.
- Design and supervise all practices and games.
- Assist the Head Varsity Soccer Coach in the management of the entire soccer program including middle school, junior varsity and varsity programs.
- Promote good human relations within student body, parents, faculty, and community.
- Promote a high academic standard and assist with academic support for student athletes.
- Help plan pre-season and post-season conditioning programs in conjunction with Varsity Head Soccer Coach.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Head Varsity Soccer Coach.
- Willingness to take leadership role to promote high ideals of sportsmanship, appropriate student athlete behavior, a healthy lifestyle, and to serve as a positive role model for the student athletes.
- Establish a procedure to inform student-athletes and parents of the discipline policies and academic requirements regarding student activities set forth by the Millcreek Township School District.