Cretin-Derham Hall seeks a qualified candidate to assume the role of head coach of its Varsity Boys Soccer Team. The position is part-time, involving most afternoons after school hours, most Saturdays, and some extended weekends.
- Create a positive environment that promotes good sportsmanship.
- Plan and execute organized and structured practices.
- Coordinate game schedules.
- Work with the athletics administrative assistant in scheduling transportation.
- Maintain accurate records and other required paperwork (rosters, schedules, physicals, match results, records and individual and team accolades).
- Provide effective supervision and evaluation of all players.
- Create a rapport with the greater community to generate interest in the program.
- Be visible in the youth soccer community and willing to partner with our girls program to build a broader network within the community.
- Prior coaching experience at various skill levels in competitive environments and in a state association like the MSHSL.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and develop essential soccer skills, display positive game conduct and develop players’ ability to work together as a team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, other coaches and administration.