EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prior varsity football coaching experience 3 plus years required.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Knowledge about the sport and its rules.
- Ability to obtain current CPR/First Aid/CAP 1 and CAP 2 Certification and concussion training.
- Ability to work effectively with coaching staff, parents and school staff.
- Complies with M.H.S.A.A. policies and department/district policies.
- Maintains consistent communication with Athletic Director, coaching staff, athletes and parents.
- Be a positive professional role model.
- Evaluate and grow program coaching staff.
- Demand high standard of conduct and discipline from student athletes.
- Develop and maintain vertical philosophy of program from youth through varsity.
- Demonstrate positive team sportsmanship toward opponents and officials.
- Utilize sound teaching methods to develop skills/techniques.
- Demonstrate effective management of pre-contest details.
It is the policy of the Board that no staff member or candidate for a position in this District on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed or ancestry, age, gender, marital status, height, weight, political belief or disability which does not impair an individual's ability to perform adequately in the individual's particular position or activity, shall be discriminated against, excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to, discrimination in any program or activity for which the Board is responsible or for which it receives financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Education.