Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition. The coach motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
- Perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Experience as a coach or assistant coach at the high school or college level preferred.
- Possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assesses player’s skills and assigns team positions.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with the athletics director and assistant athletics director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Assigns duties to an assistant coach as necessary.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Determines game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.