The Varsity Soccer Head Coach is responsible for developing a Sacred Heart Prep Soccer program that supports the Mission of the School and its Goals and Criteria.
- The coach must demonstrate strong leadership in player and staff development, sportsmanship, integrity and character development.
- Recruits, hires and supervises assistant varsity coaches in collaboration with the Assistant Principal, Athletics and Athletics Director.
- Leads instruction for athletes in the fundamental skills, strategies and physical training necessary to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Leads, through words and action, resulting in an environment that fosters learning, development of positive character traits, a passion for the game and formation of moral values that support the educational philosophy of the Sacred Heart Schools (Goals & Criteria).
- Works cooperatively with the athletic administration and school community to support the academic and co-curricular aspirations of the Soccer and all student-athletes.
- Supervises practices, competitions, tournaments and team trips.
- Updates knowledge of technical aspects of the sport and shows a willingness to continue to learn and examine new ideas pertinent to the sport of Soccer and/or to coaching in general.
- A clear commitment to the educational philosophy of the school as articulated in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools, a commitment to equity and inclusion, and professional behavior based in it.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent; college degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years previous soccer coaching experience, preferably as a varsity head soccer coach. Previous work experience in independent high school environment is also preferred.
- Proven ability to develop, organize and supervise a successful high school soccer program.
- Strong communication and organizational skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated exceptional knowledge of the skills and strategies of the sport of soccer as it pertains to interscholastic athletics in California.
- Ability to model excellent ethics in concert with Sacred Heart Schools Goals and Criteria.