Responsible for coaching student athletes in game strategies and techniques that prepares them for athletic competition and life. This position teaches student-athletes to develop and appreciate the sport and what you can learn through the sport.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hold organizational meetings for team prospects and encourage potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Communicate effectively with players, coaches, activities department, and parents about expectations, goals of the program, practices, changes in the schedule, and games.
- Practices are to include JWP Core Values and principles transcending the field of play.
- Plan effective and organized practices that maximize coaches and players abilities that properly prepare them for practices and competitions.
- Practices must be characterized by instruction that accounts for a logical sequence of fundamentals that consider the developmental level of the athlete and that lead to an enhanced progression of player knowledge, skill, and capability. Instruction must move from simple to complex and known to unknown.
- Athletes should be matched with consideration for maturity, skill, age, size, and speed. To the degree possible, mismatches should be avoided in all categories.
- Practices must account for a progression of cardiovascular and musculoskeletal conditioning regimens that prepare athletes sequentially for more challenging practices and competitive activities. Consideration must be given to student readiness and maturational factors. In addition, consideration should include weather conditions and their impact on student health.