- Provide leadership, organization and supervision for all practices and contests.
- Implement and maintain standards of performance consistent with departmental, academic, and athletic expectations.
- Supervise and evaluate assistant coach(es).
- Organize and implement a successful recruiting program to attract outstanding student-athletes to attend the University of Montevallo.
- Conduct all aspects of the program within the rules, regulations, and procedures of the NCAA conference, the intercollegiate athletics department policy manual and the University.
- Attend and participate in department and staff meetings.
- Manage the program with the parameters of an approved budget.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of departmental expenditures, and budgetary procedures;
- Ability to effectively supervise program staff;
- Ability to effectively recruit students for athletic specific skills;
- Ability to effectively schedule sporting events;
- Ability to maintain team discipline and instill proper ethical and moral standards;
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service;
- Proficient in collaborating with departments within the University;
- Exceptional organization and records management skills.